Mendelssohn for Happy Wednesday

I have received two tickets for the concert as a birthday present and the greetings wished for "Happy Wednesday". Well, I have enjoyed a one today!!

I have sincere love for classical music and Felix Mendelssohn is one of my favourite composers. So, everything has been in its neat, right place ready to work as fluent as expected.

The first of three concerts in commemorative cicle for Mendelssohn's 200th Anniversary is performed by Symphonietta Orchestra of Sofia and consists of the parts:

  • Felix Mendelssohn's Fingal's Cave Overture, also known as the Hebrides Overture;

  • Robert Schumann's Piano Concerto in A minor, Op.54,
    performing the piano soloist Zheny Zaharieva, who has also played a wonderful prelude an encore;

  • Felix Mendelssohn's Symphony No.4 in A major, also known as the Italian Symphony.


mendelssohn concert

The conductor Svilen Simeonov's performance has been impressive as well as the main violin's presence. Another fact alerted my attention - the exiguous public. Quite surprising, for the first time I have been to a classical concert with such an empty hall aroud. (over)

No comments:

Post a Comment